This week it has rained so much and we have not been able to get back to the pool! We have been sneaking out of the house in between storms, dodging raindrops...succeeding sometimes, failing other times. Amelia and I are not about to let a little rain stop us from doing what we need to do.
We went to Wal-Mart to get groceries and it started raining so I had to juggle Amelia, the oxygen tank, the cart, the groceries and the umbrella. Amelia stayed high and dry. I got a little wet. It is all about figuring out a system and I think I handled it OK on my own.
When Amelia went to the endocrinologist the other day she weighed in at 19 lb. 10 oz. and she is 28" long. They told us that her thyroid levels look fine despite the fact that she has been on the same dose of meds since she was a tiny, tiny baby. They will keep her on it until she is 2 just to be super cautious. They will take her off and retest her 3 months later and if her levels are fine, we are done with endocrin and thyroid meds forever!
We have her pulmonology appointment on July 28th and this one is making me anxious. I was led to believe that we would be monitoring her pulmonary hypertension much more closely and this is the first time we have seen a pulmonologist since shortly after leaving the hospital. They may want to try weaning her on some medications. She really needs to be on less diuretics at some point because it is hard on the kidneys, but the last several times we have tried that, it has always failed. I am not sure. We will find out at the end of the month.
Amelia can sit up all by herself for a very long time. We are starting to put her on a mat on the floor with toys and let her play. It is hard to get Zibby out of the way because he wants to play with the toys and lick Amelia constantly. He is pretty persistent and pesky.
She has been enjoying rides in her little pink car. Todd has taken her around the neighborhood several times and around the house too. He slammed her into a piece of furniture at some point and I heard her crying. So she has already been in her first car crash. No seat belts in that car unfortunately.
She is starting to be big enough to put her in the next size car seat and she should be able to face forward. However, she is mush safer in a crash facing backward, so I am reluctant to turn her around. If I can find a convertible seat that will allow to face either way, I think that is what I will purchase. I want to make sure she is a little bigger and stronger before I turn her around.
I found the battery charger to my old camera, so soon I will be able to snap photos and put them up for everybody. So stay tuned.
1 comment:
The AAP recommendation for forward facing is a minimum of TWO years old, or as long as the seat will allow. All convertible seats go rear facing or forward facing, that's why they are called convertible. And there are many that Miss Amelia would fit in - typical ones rear face until 35lbs, but some newer ones are rear facing until 40 or 45lbs.
I'm a bit carseat crazy, Eloise is still rearfacing and she is 3 years old (and almost 40" and 33lbs). But google Extended Rearfacing and watch the crash test videos.
-Jena
Post a Comment