We had another action packed weekend and I will probably need the rest of the week to get myself together.
Friday night we met with Uncle Cousin Billy (I jokingly call Billy Uncle Cuz because he feels more like Amelia's Uncle than cousin) and Sylvia (Aunt Cuz-to be) up at Wild Wings Cafe. Amelia ordered up a sampler platter and some wings! Although the food was good and it was a family atmosphere, it was a little smoky because Katy has not passed the ordinance about no smoking in restaurants. WW has a bar in the back, but the smoke wafts to the front where people are eating. With Amelia's lungs this is not great. As usual Todd couldn't smell the smoke because of his allergies.
So Saturday morning an old theatre buddy of Todd's came over with her husband her and cute little girl. We had adult conversation in our living room and we actually had toys for Emma to play with. We used to be the house that was too boring for kids, but now we have books, toys, coloring books and crayons. It was a good visit and we had not seen her in 10 years. We both live in Katy so there is no excuse to not visit more often.
Saturday afternoon we met up with the Prices at the aquarium. We ate at the restaurant and Amelia put on a real show for them. She was smiling and laughing and doing her little side to side head shake thing she does when she gets very excited and happy. She had everyone at the table laughing. We had a fantastic time with them!
Todd bought Amelia a few new toys the other day. All of them have assembly required! Todd seemed surprised when he opened the rocking horse box and it was all in pieces! He put together her rocking horse the other day and we put her up on it. Of course she loved it. She was even able to hold on to the handles, though her feet did not touch the floor. He was humming the William Tell Overture (I think) to her while she rocked on it and she giggled and laughed. The ears on the horse crinkle so she enjoyed crushing it with her hands to make the noise.
He also got her one of those pink Cozy Coupes and of course the license plate says PRINCESS on the front. He finished assembling that last night and we can't wait to go take her outside on the sidewalk with it. She sat in a car thing at the Children's Museum last weekend and she seemed to enjoy that. The one at the museum was a two seater and a cute little Italian boy (watch out for those boys!) was sitting beside her. He was a a little enthusastic about racing and bumped into her. She wailed and cried like she had been majorly assaulted. I think it just surprised her, but she was very offended and wanted him to know! She won't have to worry about pesky boys in her pretty pink car made for one.
On Sunday I fed her more applesauce. We put her in her high chair in my office so I could surf on the computer while she ate). I put the opened cup with a spoon in it on the furthest reach of the tray and when I had my back turned she managed to dump it on the tray and she had been smearing it around with her hands. I come from the Glenna Cannon school of not letting babies touch their food, but it is actually very good for her developmentally. If she starts licking it off her fingers then this will be a precursor to feeding herself. She did really well with the bites that I gave her and she seemed pretty pleased with herself.
We went to the mall yesterday and Mr XM pushed her around in her stroller. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe which has all these animaltronics in it and there are jungle vines hanging everywhere. It is very dimly lit too. I am not sure what Amelia thought of that.
We went to the mall for me to find a dress for Uncle Cousin Billy's wedding and we found success at a place where they were having a sale and I had a coupon. Amelia and daddy gave it two thumbs up.
The camera situation around her is pretty grim. One is MIA, the other has a dead battery and no one can find the charger. We do have a mini video camera that takes still shots and we started using that yesterday. We have never used the camera before and I am not sure how to edit video, so I am going to play around with it and hopefully in the next few days I will have some clips to put up. We took some of her on her horse the other day!
I am realizing after my blogging that we ate out a lot this weekend. Back to slaving over a hot oven for me.
6 comments:
So glad that Amelia is finally to the point that you can safely take her on outings. Life will be so much more enjoyable when you can stay in a household routine, peppered with occasional shopping, romps in the park, strolls around the neighborhood, visits from family and friends, etc.
After our segmented conversations yesterday, I thought that you (and especially Amelia) would benefit from visits, say, from a neighborhood child that would love to play with her for 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time (supervised, of course) while you catch up on laundry, maybe make dinner, unload the DW, etc.....Children love younger children, especially babies and it would be a triple WIN situation for all. Amelia would be stimulated and entertained by someone other that an adult, (and say) those little girls next door would be in hog heaven this summer having play time with Amelia. And Amelia's mommy would (though taking on a supervisory roll) then have some relief. I'll bet all involved would really enjoy that. Don't be afraid to ask....there are those out there who are waiting to help, wanting to help, but just need to be asked. Maybe just one little girl at a time, no more than two, or you will become their mommy's sitter. You have enough on your plate and don't need that.
Wish with all my heart that it could be me. Should I live as close to you as I do Catherine, you would have to bolt your doors to keep me away. Brenda is right in believing that your school district has benefits available to you and Amelia doesn't have to be in school for you to be able to take advantage of it. Of course there may be age criteria. It might be worth checking into.
Love to you, MOM
ECI=school benefits and we are already taking advantage of this.
Love the descriptive tales of your adventures with the princess! I cannot wait to see some videos of her in action. Hugs!
ATTENTION: MISSING PERSON ALERT
Description: DOB: 2 April 2009
Name: Amelia Elizabeth Banker
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: Approx 2 Feet
Weight: Approx 22 lbs
Distinguishing Features: On Nasal
Canula, G Tube, Happy
Disposition
Has been conspicuously missing from our view for quite some time. Should anyone be able to post a current photo of her, her followers would be eternally grateful.
Don't look on the milk cartons yet. I almost bought a new digital camera today so I could take pictures, but even at Wal-Mart they want $200 for them! I need to go to Costco again and get a nice inexpensive one and then we will be able to recover our missing person and share her with the world.
I want to see those updated pictures also ! I bet our baby Amelia is growing like a weed.
I have to agree with your mom on bringing in a little play mate.....Amelia would love it, and you would get a chance to have a seat and watch....and enjoy ! Outings are wonderful also, and I am so glad that you all are taking time to make some. And I can't wait to see Amelia in her new Cozy Coupes !
Vickie Cross
Post a Comment