Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there. I have been blessed to be married to someone who is very involved in our child's life -- not just the fun parts like playing, but also the diaper changing, midnight feeds, and medications. He came up to the hospital every day to see the baby for almost a year and sang and cooed and played with her. He talked me off the ledge more times than I can count -- motivating me when I was losing hope and encouraging me when I was sad. So I thank him for everything he does for Amelia and me. We love you!

So today Todd has chosen to mow the grass! Then we are going to Mass. After that we will head down to the Children's Museum and then this evening meet up with the Bankers and get something to eat. And then we will all come home and collapse in a heap. It is fantastic that Amelia loves the car, loves going to new places and seeing new faces, and is well enough to get out and about. It makes life much more enjoyable -- and exhausting.

3 comments:

glenna said...

Happy Father's Day, Todd.

Today we recognize you and all those men in our lives we call Dad. What a blessing to be a part of loving, committed marriage that enables you to be, in turn, a loving and devoted father.

Amelia doesn't yet know all that you have done for her nor the scope of those sacrifices, and may never. But as she continues to grow, and the love between you and she grows, you will find that the unconditional love from your own child is like no other. Accept it, enjoy it, even revel in it. I know you have the potential to be the very best Dad.....we are all counting on that. Love, Amelia's Grammy

glenna said...

Dear Christina,
Yesterday was your birthday, and as you know I didn't forget. I, too, celebrated yesterday, as it was 36 years ago that at 2:00 in the afternoon I gave birth to the most beautiful 9lb 12oz baby I had ever seen. (You were the baby by which all others have been judged and will continue to be judged (mostly by your dear ole dad)for years to come.

Thought a somewhat cranky spirit settled upon this beautiful child of ours, we learned to manage that spirit as best we could.

And it is right here that I need to apologize for all that we put you through. Neither of us had ever been around a newborn, much less a toddler and didn't have a clue as to what we should do after we got you home. So we spend the next 20 years trying this and that until we settled into what seemed right. We did the best we could with what little foundation we had, relying finally on instincts and prayers. (And as you know all those siblings that came after you had a hard path to follow.) You managed to turn out pretty well despite all the (my) craziness.

I am very proud of the young woman you have become and love you with all my being. I hope you had the very best of birthdays. Love to you always, MOM

Amy Adams said...

Glad you guys had an absolute first Father's Day. Here is to very many more to come.

Post a Comment