Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good Stuff

Thursday we got a visit from Nathan and his mommy at our house. We put a blanket on the floor and I had Amelia sitting with some toys while Aydee held Nathan up. He can almost sit up by himself; it won't be long now. The two of them were very cute together. Amelia kept leaning over to touch him on the face, ears, and his chest. She also played a little footsie with him. We are going to have to watch out for that girl! My camera battery was dead so I didn't get any pictures, but Aydee did, so hopefully I will be able to post some soon.
Friday we had speech therapy and it was very successful. First we tried some applesauce and she took a couple bites of that, but the real breakthrough was when she was given a sippy cup with some thinned out pudding in it. She loved it! She took about 5 sips from it. I was so happy, I cried. Now tomorrow is another day, so who knows if her enthusiasm will be the same.

Monday is her pulmonology appointment. I am nervous about it. Don't know why. I guess just because we have only seen them once and I am so nervous about her pulmonary hypertension. Our old pulmonologist (that we saw once) opened a practice within the same hospital system, but at a location closer to us. Aydee says she has already made an appointment with her there. It would be nice to start changing some of our doctors to locations that are closer to home, but really the parking situation at Memorial City is such a disaster and I am so familiar with the Fannin Street location that I'd rather stay with the devil I know. On the other hand the mall is right across the street...

No comments:

Post a Comment