Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Whole Tooth & Nothing but the Tooth

Amelia has a tooth! It is her bottom right and I can see a little bit of white peeking through her gums. She is constantly gnawing in her fingers and drooling everywhere. She is also talking a lot more and making more noises. Still no consonant sounds, but hopefully it will be soon.

We have been pretty relaxed this weekend and haven't done anything too exciting. We went to church today, came home and sat on the back porch and listened to music and played with toys. It was hot outside so I got out a lime popsicle and she had several licks off of it.

Then we went over to Aunt Pat and Uncle Steve's house and swam at the pool. It was feeding time so I rigged the pump and the feeding bag on her float in the pool. She was starting to grab at it and I was afraid she was going to knock it off so I went to go get her a toy she could play with to keep her hands busy and while I was away she grabbed the pump and it submerged it in the water. Now it is broken. We are having to feed her manually with a syringe until I can call the home health company and get a new one.

She is interacting with the dogs more and more. She reaches out to pet them on the face frequently. Zibby is still a little too enthusiastic with his kisses and we are working on our obendience training.

This weekend I have been sitting her on the floor and putting toys slightly out of reach so that she has to plant a hand on the floor and lean forward and touch with the other hand. She is doing a great job at this. The idea is to strengthen her arms so she can bear more and more weight on them and eventually be able to get into a creeper position which is the precursor to crawling.

She has also been playing with a stacking rings toy. She is very good at removing the rings from the column, but cannot put them back on. I have also been trying to show her how to stack blocks. The blocks we have nest inside of one another and I have been showing her how to put a small block inside of a big block by saying "in" and then removing it and saying "out." I think putting the toy in should be easier than pulling it out. We practiced over and over, but she still hasn't gotten the hang of that one...yet!

1 comment:

glenna said...

Oh my goodness--Amelia, your first tooth! What a big girl you are becoming. That one snuck up on Grammy--Mommy said you were cutting teeth on the bottom, but I couldn't see them for the swelling of the top ones. Not nice to fool your Grammy. I am so excited that you are making progress with your toys.......I am thinking about coming back for a visit with your two little cousins to see if we can give you another boost. I think they are really good teachers. Keep up the good work in the mean time. Love Grammy

Post a Comment