We have been working on getting her to remove her clothing by herself, especially so she can start using the toilet successfully. She works on this in private OT as well as at home, but she still struggles to get her pants down because she won't put her thumbs in the waistband far enough to the back where she can get the pants over her bottom.
Well, we just fed her and gave her some ibuprofin and she is like a different kid. A lot happier and less fussy. She went running towards the front door, stopped half way, and with one jerk, ripped off her pants and pull up and ran the rest of the way --- Donald Duck Style! So I suggested she go to the potty and she said "potty" and ran to the bathroom and lifted up the lid. I helped her and and she did tinkles.
I have so many plans for the summer. One of them is toilet training her. That is what I said last summer. I think I should begin on weekends with training pants and lots of water and and a potty schedule. I may have to roll up the rug in the family room so that there is bare tile in here. The critical element we are missing now is that she still does not give me any indication she has to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment