We have been meeting with a dietician to tinker around with Amelia's calories and make her hungrier during the day. Nothing seemed to be really working because she just wasn't drinking more than one honey bear a day. In the last couple of days she has not seemed as snotty and congested as she has been. And starting yesterday she has been sucking down her Pediasure/chocolate carnation instant breakfast/thickened with oatmeal concoction...very quickly. She just drank half a honey bear in less than a minute. She even stopped with the straw still in her mouth to breath through her nose and then continued a long drink session a second time. I don't know what has gotten into her, but I like it! I fedher some hummus from our favorite kabob pace yesterday and this morning and she LOVES it. She ate about 8 spoonfuls at lunch time. We have not given her any tube feedings at all today! She weighs 26 lbs. 5 oz. and is 34.5"tall. She is in the 50% range for her height/weight ration. Even her head grew this month!
Amelia did not take a nap yet today. She was in her bed for a while and then Todd says she was hollering dada dada repeatedly and then switched to mama. This is the first time she has called out for us and used mama and dada to refer to us. While happy about that major developmental milestone, I am not happy about her refusal to take a nap and hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem. She has refused a couple other times this week, but I just waited it out. Naps are good for her, but excellent for me!
3 comments:
My kids went through nap phases, but the no-nap phase didn't seem to last more than a few weeks when it happened!
Keep up your interest in eating and you will be off that gTube by Halloween. Wouldn't that be a blessing?..........
Speaking of which, what are you planning for Amelia to be this Halloween? OMGoodness, last year she wasn't walking, crawling, eating...Can you imagine what this year will be like? Time to start thinking about what the decorations for the front will be, again. She will really be in to it this year! Can't wait.
Not even 2 1/2 and already has a drinking problem. Now I think I have herd jest about everything. Surely not.
Post a Comment