Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Getting a Leg Up


She is working on trying to get her leg up and hoist herself on to the couch. She is probably two weeks away from success. We shall see.


We have been working on her getting to a stand from the middle of the floor for months and she is finally been doing it successfully the last couple days. She knows she is doing something awesome because she claps for herself immediately upon completion.

Physically she has really been moving and shaking!


I bought her a play-dough set a long time ago and she showed no interest in it. Her attention span has greatly increased and so I decided to try it again. One can of play-dough entertained her for about half an hour. I roll it in balls, help her use the plastic knife to cut it in pieces, put the pieces back in the can and squish it with her hands. She was getting the giggles when I would push her hand into it and say "Squish!" Trying to eat it is fun, too. Oh and by the way, add Play Dough to the list of things Asta will eat.

I tried crayons with her for the last couple days and she is doing better at gripping it and she is trying to apply it to the paper with the point down, but she still doesn't push hard enough to make a mark. Time to get out the markers....

1 comment:

glenna said...

I have watched and rewatched that video of Amelia standing up in the middle of the floor without aid at least a dozen times now and I smile each and every time I see it. WOW, she is really picking up on all sorts of SKILZ!

You won't believe all that she will suddenly be able to accomplish once she starts MDO and watches all the other children in action. Mercy she will not stay behind for long!

Post a Comment