Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet n Sour Patch Kid

Yesterday there was some grumbling with the arm immobilizers toward the end of the stint. She just kind of sat on the floor and wasn't very active. So I have decided instead of going straight to the arm immobilizers, I will allow Amelia the opportunity to have the patch on without them, but the first time she tries to rip off the patch, I will put them on. Today she has been patched for 2 hours without trying to reach up and pull the patch off a single time. Maybe the threat of the immobilizers is enough for her to toe the line.

I also forgot to mention that on Thursday she was cast for AFOs (ankle foot orthotics). They took a piece of plastic with some foam on top and traced her foot, cut out a spot for her heel and drew where her toes are and the lines on her foot. Then they took some gauze dipped in plaster and wrapped it around her foot with the plastic piece as the foot bed. I picked a cute pattern for the plastic that would look good with her Skechers! We will unveil them in three weeks when she has an appointment to make sure they fit and to pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment