Now that Amelia is bobbing along pretty well, I have been trying to encourage her to dance. Well moving her body a bit anyway. She can imitate me and swish her shoulders side to side. I am not saying she is graceful doing it though!
She likes to lift her arms in the air and she even does some graceful holds where she slightly bends her wrist and slowly looks up the length of her arm. In the video below she is very enamored with her arms and hands. I love how she just kind of throws them down at the end, as if to say, "There! I am done with my performance now."
There isn't much bounce yet in her knees or shifting of weight side to side, but she will get there. We watch a bit (ok, a lot) of Nick Jr. and there is a show on there called Fresh Beat Band, which I used to loathe, but this summer they came out with a catchy song called "Here We Go!" with a music video and they play it all.the.time. Well, it makes me want to get up on my feet and dance like I'm on American Bandstand. Amelia recognizes the song and starts squealing at the TV when it comes on. I admit I have taped it on the DVR, so I can play it whenever we feel the need to dance.
Sorry it is so fuzzy, but can definitely hear her enthusiasm for the Fresh Beat Band!
No comments:
Post a Comment