I was saying things like "It looks awful." Some lady in the waiting area scolded me for saying that in front of Amelia. She told me the haircut wasn't that bad and that she knows when I say things like that in front of her. Ugh. I wanted to shove that lady so bad. She has had WAY worse said in front of her by medical professionals and her language and cognitive skills are such that she does not understand that I am upset about something that has to do with her. Doesn't everyone just love a good Buttinski?
Then we had two therapies and Amelia was being a crying, clinging mess. She was being very uncooperative. I just laid there on the gym mat and curled up into a fetal position while the therapist wrestled with her.
After that we had meet the teacher night. This school has a couple thousand students and everyone descends at the same time. I had to park about half a mile away on the street and walk with Amelia (stumbling and falling every few feet) who recognized the building, thought I was going to leave her, and went on a crying and screaming jag. The classroom was on the far end of the building from where we parked. We met her teacher, got her supply list, met some kids and parents. One of the kids was a cute blond Down's syndrome boy who had been in her class last year. He came over and patted Amelia's hand while she was crying and tried to comfort her. She seemed to respond positively to that.
Then we came home and tried on all her new clothes. I hate most of them, I had no idea what her sizes were and she was being pretty uncooperative. I think I have a handle on what size she is now, but most of the clothes are going back to the store. We have more coming through the mail from ON and Carter's. If I have a handful of cute outfits that I can get her started with for school, it will give me more time to get a few more later.
School starts Monday and I am already dreading the drop off.
No comments:
Post a Comment