After that we went by the NICU to see who we could see. I got the elevator and honestly could not remember what floor we were supposed to go to. I pushed 5 and didn't recognize the carpet. I pushed 7 and got it right that time.
We saw Miss Ruby! and Miss Preetha! and Miss Patsy! We have missed these ladies and from the look of it, they missed us, too. I told Amelia to blow them a kiss when we were on our way out and she did it complete with "Mwah" sound. I think they teared up a little.
There is never enough thank yous in the world to express how much we love these devoted ladies that took care of Amelia and us for nearly a year.
| Miss Ruby is coming to Mobile very soon. Her husband is going to preach in his father's church! if you see her, wave "Hi!" and make her feel welcome! |
| Miss Patsy was impressed by Amelia's oral motor skills. She remembers the retching and gagging days! |
| Poor Miss Preethais carrying a heavyload! You rock ladies! |
2 comments:
What a wonderful reunion that must have been! Those ladies haven't changed a bit, but Miss Amelia certainly has.... I know that must have been some visit....
I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful visit. Now you will just have to drop by Baton Rouge sometime and say hi as well. Anyway, give her a hug for me.
Nurse Amy
Post a Comment