- Mama
- Dada
- Amelia
- dog
- up
- down
- bye bye
- cookie
- whale
- book
- door
- water
- uh oh
- all done
- baby
- stop
- go
- yuck
- no
- yay
- duck
- me
- ball
- bubble
- pop
- achoo
- eat
- on
- yum
- car
- night night
- nap
- home
- ow
- coffee
- cup
- bowl
Amelia Elizabeth was born on April 2, 2009 at 12:08 am. She finally made it home after a NICU stay of 335 days. We are so happy to finally be together as a family. Amelia has grown to be a very happy, joyful and social baby. We are thankful for all the people that worked together with Amelia to bring her home safely. Now the fun begins!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Away with Words
Amelia is saying words, but I really had no idea how many, so I decided to keep a list of words she says and count them. I am going to keep the list out and available so that I can add words as I hear them. I came up with 38! She is adding new words all the time and she is much better at listening to words I tell her and repeating them. She totally gets the concept that a word represents something and that if she tells me something, I understand what she wants. I make her tell me "on" when she want the TV on for example. I am no longer giving in to grunts and crying. Here are the words on my list:
2 comments:
I knew it was just a matter of time. It is beginning to click for her and all that jabbering and words you recognize will soon become sentences. Christina did the same thing, jabbered in a sing-songy fashion, (we called it fluent Chinese)until one day she burst out with sentences we could actually understand. I think she thought she was saying real words all along......but we just didn't understand. Amelia is going to be the same way......So look out Todd, better prepare yourself for a second female in your house to wag their tongue at you!
Way to go, Amelia...
I'm liking all of the food related words!!! Yum!
Post a Comment