Thursday, January 20, 2011

Terrible Twos?


Whoa there Britney! There are car seat laws.






Above is a series that shows her ability to pull up to a stand. She was practicing with Grammy over Christmas. She is now able to do this from a low stool.


Yesterday I got a pedicure and the lady offered to paint Amelia's toes. Baby's first nail polish! Believe me, that's where it ends. I promise she is not going to be on an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras getting her eyebrows waxed.



Kiss, kiss. Check out that stranglehold she's got on her baby.


She was lunging at the camera trying to grab it from me.


She likes to look at this book when she is falling asleep. When I went in to check on her she had completely ripped out the page and she even had little bits of it that she had tried to eat stuck on her chin.

Yesterday I put her in her little pink princess car and wheeled her into the bathroom to play while I showered. I thought she might be bored so I started singing about the daring young man on the flying trapeeze and she started crying with tears streaming down her cheeks! I'm not ready for American Idol, but come on! I took the floor board out of the car so she can operate it Fred Flintstone style with her feet. She is able to drive it in reverse. But she doesn't use mirrors or turn her head. She is that talented! And she can honk the horn. Toot toot.

This morning I left her in the middle of the bed to retrieve a pair of socks for her. She tumbled off the bed and fell head first between the night stand and my bed. Luckily there was a pillow stuffed down there and she completely missed the open drawer. Later, I had her on the couch and walked away to get her stroller to go on a walk. She had lunged to the other end of the couch to pound on my laptop keyboard. I turned my back momentarily again and she landed on the floor next to the couch and she was laughing because she thought it was funny.

I have learned my lesson. If I have to leave the room, she is on the floor. She is really learning how to slide backward on her tummy using her hands to propel herself, she can roll both directions and can lay down, sit up, turn around, and can almost get herself into the crawl position. Basically she can get herself into a whole of trouble in a short amount of time!

We cannot keep any tape on her face to have the cannula stay in place. She rips it off even in her sleep so instead we stick it in her nose, loop it around her ears and it ties under chin. She thumps her legs and moves them around so much that from about 3:00-5:00 am the monitor goes off constantly. Feeling pretty sleepless lately.

Her new active lifestyle coincides with me doing a project for work and Todd recovering from sinus/deviated septum surgery and as of yesterday, a pulled muscle in his neck. We aren't ready for this. As I sit here typing she has lifted a heavy toy over her head and thrown it across the room, made her way over to the IV pole with her feed pump on it and tried to turn it over, and ripped the power cord out of my computer. When I tell her no she laughs at me. I think the terrible twos are here!

P.S. I just put her in her pink car and she is now standing up inside of it. She used the steering wheel to pull up and she is waving at me. I am so not ready for this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, the fun is just beginning! (And it's wonderful to hear!) Marie Grip

Unknown said...

Love all the new pictures and antics! My terrible two can give Amelia lots of ideas if she runs out of them. Hope Todd recovers well!

Amy Adams said...

Great pictures! Sounds like Amelia is keeping you very busy and has become quite creative with her activities. Tell Todd I hope he gets well soon.

Post a Comment