Thursday, December 15, 2011

Said the Night Wind to the Little Lamb

Do You See What I See?


Waiting in the wings. She doesn't look nervous at all. Her mommy was though!

Amelia's Christmas program was tonight. I was so worried that she was going to freak out and cry. I shouldn't have! We dropped her off at her classroom and the teacher and the assistant walked them over to the church just like they had practiced for the last 6 weeks. All of the kids in the 18 month old group were lambs. The older kids played Mary and Joseph, angels and shepherds, while the rest were animals. They were all so precious. The program lasted about half an hour and she had 7 people in the audience to root her on.


I didn't know that she was going to wear the little hat with the lamb ears and I nearly cried she looked so cute when I got a glimpse of her being walked in by the teacher up the aisle.


We didn't know where she would be standing on the stage and of course we sat on the wrong side. We were trying our best to see Amelia, but the little girl next to her kept standing up in front of her while Amelia was sitting down (as instructed) and blocked her. To make matters worse the little girl decided to pull her dress up over her head. Hey kid, this is the story of the Lord's birth, not Flash Dance!

Amelia did a great job of being very good and standing in her place. They were supposed to wave their arms and hands in the air when they sang We Wish You a Merry Christmas. You can tell she is a little awestruck by it all and did not get the arm waving part, but no freak outs. We have to focus on the positive!



There was some confusion by some of the attendees that Amelia was a snowflake and not a lamb. It was because I had sent the attendees a note and referred to Amelia as my "special snowflake." I am not sure how snowflakes figure into the story of Christmas, but this snowflake misunderstanding went on until after the program was over. We finally got it sorted out. Have you ever seen a snowflake with ears? Well now you have.

1 comment:

glenna said...

Sure do hate missing all of that. She did GREAT. At least she didn't suffer melt down or a dislike for the music as in Uncle cousin neighbor Billy and Sylvia's wedding. What memories......now you can relax, Mommy.

Post a Comment