Swinging on the Calverts' front porch.
Move over Baywatch Babes.
Playing with the Calverts' grandson at the local swimming hole.
Well the unseasonable cool weather days are behind us and we are back to our usual hotter than Hades Houston days. We had not been out to the ranch in a while and thought Memorial Weekend was the perfect time to do it. I think it was even hotter there, but thankfully drier and with some good breezes. It was pleasant in the shade in the morning and evening.
It was very relaxing, with no particular places that we had to go or events that we had to attend. We did a lot of visiting with our in-laws' neighbors in the country. They would drop by and bring us homemade coffee cake and doughnuts and Grandad would make lattes for everyone. Then we would sit out on the porch and talk and enjoy the view. We took a little trip to the top of the hill to visit the Calverts. We took a ride on the Mule (kind of a 4 seater, 4 wheel ATV golf cart -- equipped with cup holders!) and we saw a goat, cows, and a road runner on the way up. When we got there, the ladies rocked on the rocking chairs on the cabin front porch and caught up with each other while we all took turns pushing Amelia in the swing.
The next day the Calverts brought their grandson down to swim in the pool with Amelia. I put her OP surfer top, swim diaper and shoes on. Oh and of course her sun glasses which she now loves to wear and will leave on for a long time. I am not sure what kind of "swim diaper" this is supposed to be. I thought I could use it in place of one of those Little Swimmers and be able to use it over and over. I had her all dressed up on the porch and I noticed a puddle of water near her feet before she had even been in the pool. So much for the swim diaper. After that we threw them together in the inflatable pool. Grandad had brought out a bag of toys and so the kids played with them and splashed. I think they had a good time. They were closely supervised by all the ladies cramming themselves onto one bench so we could get relief from the tree. And we didn't even mind when we got splashed.
While we were at the ranch we made sure she had her patch on every day. It was amazing how much straighter her eye looks after two hours. When we took her to go swing at the Calverts, I put her sunglasses over her eye patch and she left the patch and the glasses alone. It was suggested maybe getting a pair of those glasses that wrap around the ears and maybe that would encourage her to leave the patch alone. It is worth a try.
Summer is here and there is always something exciting to look forward to. This weekend her Aunt Catherine, cousins Addie and Bobo are coming, as well as Grammy, Aunt Marian, Uncle Ben and cousins Mia and Emily. Let's get this party started!
No comments:
Post a Comment