Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Amelia, Texas Walker

Amelia can now walk with the assistance of a walker! It is an aluminum framed walker with bicycle handles to grip. It has tennis ball on the back legs to create some drag and keep it from scooting too fast. I was putting away laundry yesterday and I left her sitting on the floor with some toys. When I came back to check on her she was standing up in the walker all by herself, facing the correct direction. She hadn't gone anywhere because it is too hard to walk on the carpet with it. But when we put it on the tile, away she goes! She just started crawling and now she is able to walk with assistance. Her development this month has been so quick and exciting.

She is developing a bit of rhythm. She is playing with a toy that has music and she is rocking side to side and back and forth. I was imitating her a little to make her smile. That was OK at first, but then she got mad and me and threw her toy. I was ruining her solo performance!

We are trying some higher level toys with her. We are practicing putting pieces into a puzzle and putting shapes into the shape sorter. When she is able to do something so is so proud of herself and turns around and makes sure everyone is just as pleased as she is. She has a lot to be proud of!

3 comments:

karen beckmann said...

OMG....and to think I was afraid to leave the walker there over spring break. She is one amazing little girl. I am lucky to have been a part of her life these last 6 months or so. Keep up the good work Mom and Dad!!!!!Love ya Amelia, karen

glenna said...

Grammy's Boot Camp is about over. Only one day left and you have really done well. (Much better than Mommy did in hers--you haven't complained once about YOUR sore muscles.) Always ready with that smile, you have continued to find new ways to close the gap in your development. Grammy is your number one cheerleader (Well...I am actually in a first place tie with Mommy, Daddy, GMom, GDad, Papa Bear, Aunt Pat, Uncle Steve, Aunt Tooty, and Uncle Cousin Billy.)

Keep up the good work and you should be walking by Easter and hopefully off that oxygen as well. What a day that will be! Grammy

Amy Francis (Adams) said...

Yay!

Amelia the superstar! You go girl.

Post a Comment