Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bedtime Stories


Helping to turn the pages.


Paying close attention to the plot of the story!

We went to Lousiana Tuesday to hang out with the cousins, Aunt Marian and Uncle Ben. Every year the girls have a godparents day and we can never go. I decided this year we would and we even surprised the girls. They had no idea we were coming.

That evening Emily did a goofy dance for Amelia and had her screaming and belly laughing for about an hour. Then later on we had bedtime stories in the bed with the girls. She loves, loves, her big girl cousins. She looks at them and watches everything they do very closely. Good thing they are a good influence! She had so much fun with them. And hopefully they enjoyed her as well.

The next day was Godparents day and Amelia and I sat with Emily at Mass. There was a donut reception after. Later that evening there was more crazy dances and bedtime stories.

We were going to stay through Friday, but because of the weather we decided to get ahead of it and leave today. I think this is our first trip away without Daddy. She ended up sleeping in the bed with me because she wailed and cried and screamed for about half an hour in the pack n play. She slept well the first night, the second there was more tossing, turning and flailing.

Overall it was a good trip. And now I know I can do it on my own.

p.s. In exciting developmental news, I have seen Amelia get herself into a crawl position several times yesterday and today. It was momentary, but she was able to do it herself. I am hoping crawling is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment