This is my new blankie. It is soft and I enjoy licking it.
Getting ready for Easter.
Boppys are so comfortable.
I am already in charge of the remote.
Grammy helped mommy give me a bath.
It's been a long week. Xina's mother has been in town to offer some very needed help and Xina was bolstered by the second set of eyes on the baby and the food. I went back to work on Wednesday and today is Xina's first day by herself. She's already warned me she plans on going shopping by herself when I get home tonight. It's been rather exhausting, honestly. Though the monitors are working, we still seem to be awoken by something several times a night, so we're both kind of drag through the day. But it will get better.
AE is sleeping through the night, though this morning she woke up at 4:30am and wanted to play... but mommy and daddy were much to tired to play her reindeer games, so she went back to sleep eventually. She's breathing well, though after our last Dr appt, we've decided to keep her on 1.5LPMs all the time instead of adjust it to how she's doing hourly. It's kept the sat monitors from going off 50 minutes of every hour, and keeps her sat stats at the level they really need to be constantly for her hypertension issue.
Keeping up with the meds was a bit of an issue, but Xina and I are getting the hang of it. (Xina mainly, since she's the one doing most of the work.) We've limited ourselves to two rooms thus far, but I think this weekend we'll branch out, adding some tubing and getting her outdoors if the weather permits.
Her nose stuffiness has lessened. Xina shoots saline up her nose frequently during the day to keep the secretions thin and suctions her twice a day; we also had a bubbler from the home health care delivered, so that her O2 is now getting humidified like it was in the hospital.
The dogs had full access to AE yesterday for the first time and seem to be doing fine. Zibby gets a little jealous, so that anytime you're playing with AE, he wants to interject himself into the fun, but he's not overly aggressive about it and will stop when you tell him to. But he will come back a second and third time, when he forgets what you just told him. Asta is calm and simply hangs out, awaiting his turn for attention - although there are signs of a little jealousy. This morning, while Xina was on the couch and AE was sitting next to her, Asta thought Xina's lap was a good place to be so he crawled right up there. It was pretty cute, but it was obvious he was a little put out with the attention the baby was getting. On her side, AE seems to be rather oblivious of the dogs' presence.
All in all, it's been great. I love driving home instead of to the hospital. In the end, I still get to see my daughter, but it's much more relaxing and satifying at home. The dogs are happier, even though they are no longer the center of attention; our presence at home makes a difference. We haven't been able to get in as much therapy - especially oral - as we hoped. But we know that will change as we become more adept at her care and establish a better schedule. I think AE misses her nurses, Drs and RTs, though. Just mommy and daddy, her Gmoms and Gdad are not quite as exciting as all the staff at the hospital who talked to her regularly. Sometimes no matter what you do you just aren't good enough for your kids.
AE is sleeping through the night, though this morning she woke up at 4:30am and wanted to play... but mommy and daddy were much to tired to play her reindeer games, so she went back to sleep eventually. She's breathing well, though after our last Dr appt, we've decided to keep her on 1.5LPMs all the time instead of adjust it to how she's doing hourly. It's kept the sat monitors from going off 50 minutes of every hour, and keeps her sat stats at the level they really need to be constantly for her hypertension issue.
Keeping up with the meds was a bit of an issue, but Xina and I are getting the hang of it. (Xina mainly, since she's the one doing most of the work.) We've limited ourselves to two rooms thus far, but I think this weekend we'll branch out, adding some tubing and getting her outdoors if the weather permits.
Her nose stuffiness has lessened. Xina shoots saline up her nose frequently during the day to keep the secretions thin and suctions her twice a day; we also had a bubbler from the home health care delivered, so that her O2 is now getting humidified like it was in the hospital.
The dogs had full access to AE yesterday for the first time and seem to be doing fine. Zibby gets a little jealous, so that anytime you're playing with AE, he wants to interject himself into the fun, but he's not overly aggressive about it and will stop when you tell him to. But he will come back a second and third time, when he forgets what you just told him. Asta is calm and simply hangs out, awaiting his turn for attention - although there are signs of a little jealousy. This morning, while Xina was on the couch and AE was sitting next to her, Asta thought Xina's lap was a good place to be so he crawled right up there. It was pretty cute, but it was obvious he was a little put out with the attention the baby was getting. On her side, AE seems to be rather oblivious of the dogs' presence.
All in all, it's been great. I love driving home instead of to the hospital. In the end, I still get to see my daughter, but it's much more relaxing and satifying at home. The dogs are happier, even though they are no longer the center of attention; our presence at home makes a difference. We haven't been able to get in as much therapy - especially oral - as we hoped. But we know that will change as we become more adept at her care and establish a better schedule. I think AE misses her nurses, Drs and RTs, though. Just mommy and daddy, her Gmoms and Gdad are not quite as exciting as all the staff at the hospital who talked to her regularly. Sometimes no matter what you do you just aren't good enough for your kids.
7 comments:
Good news- glad things are getting to normal, or a new kind of normal, anyway. Love, Bridget
Sweet Amelia is very blessed with a wonderful set of parents, and she will come to fully understand and appreciate that one day. Nothing can replace the love and dedication of a great set of parents...God knew what he was doing when he sent his angel Amelia to both of you. The pictures are just wonderful, and I think she looks as happy as she can be in her home ! And I know being home is so much more enjoyable for all of you. That picture with her Grammy is just adorable !
Vickie Cross
Ahh yes...I remember those "welcome home, I'm going shopping" days! So glad everything is starting to settle!
Kathy Wimberly
I love reading your blog about Amelia - she is so special and beautiful! I'm so happy for all of you being home and adjusting to life with her at home. Don't sell yourself short, your the best parents for her, that's why God chose you two to be her parents. Kim Lagunas
Amelia, We are all praying for you! We can not wait until we can play! Love, Nykol and Elyssabeth
I'm so glad Amelia is home and to read that to some extent, your going back to your normality. Asta and Zibby have been great, thus far.... good to here. I hope that remains.
Love
Sounds like things are running smoother at Banker Manor. Can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment