Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fresh Beat Bust

Amelia's and my favorite band is The Fresh Beat Band. I have blogged about them before. They are like the Monkees for toddlers. And Twist is the cutest one. We have both of their albums, we watch them on TV, and Todd bought us tickets to go see them live. We have had the tickets for months and Amelia has been very excited to go see them.

We tested the waters a few months back to see if she was ready to see a movie. After buying our $50 worth of sodas and Sour Patch Kids and popcorn, we opened the door to the theater and she immediately started screaming from the loudness of the previews. Lesson learned but not really.

I thought I was prepared this time. I dressed her up in a tutu skirt, leopard leggings, and her denim jackets so she could totally rock it out and look the part. I bought kid earplugs and headphones to put over her ears to dull the sound enough to be tolerable. I even tried the earphones out with her prior to the concert and she liked wearing them and kept them on. I was really congratulating myself at that point.

We did not count on how long it would take to get to the venue in Houston rush hour traffic. It should have taken half an hour and it was more like an hour and half. The concert started at 7:00 on a Thursday. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of the start time. It usually starts 10-15 minutes late, they play for an hour and take a 15 minute break in the middle.

Amelia had 2 therapies that afternoon before the event, so I am sure she was tired. We got there with two songs left before they went to intermission. We didn't have enough time to put in her headphones and ear plugs because we were rushing to get to the pavillion and she was greeted with the super loud noise and her face crumpled and she began to scream and tears were rolling down her face. I started frantically digging in the back pack and outfitted her with all her ear protection, but it was too late. She was mad as hell and she wasn't going to change her attitude.

We decided to press on and sit down in our seats. We were hoping once she saw them jumping around stage and heard the familiar songs she would settle down and enjoy herself. Um, no.

To quote Twist, "It Goes a Little Something Like This, Come On...."

In the car. We rocked out to some Fresh Beat songs to get us properly motivated for the concert.
You'd never know that she is at the concert of her favorite band.A little boy about three years old could hear her over the concert and was giving her a "what the heck is her deal?" face.

The terror continues.

Resigned to her fate.

Screaming makes me sleepy.

Zzzzzzzzz.

Todd's face says it all. Why are we here? Because if we are here just for Christina to sing along and dance we are out of here.

We left soon after this so we would not be stuck in the traffic on the way home. No need to add insult to injury.




No comments:

Post a Comment