Monday, February 4, 2013

Going Along Swimmingly



  
Warming up to the instructor. I think that is a bit of a smile.
She never likes leaning all the way back, even when we change her diaper.

Doing her monkey walk, which is making her way down the edge of the pool with her hands.
Looking him right in the eye and doing great!
After last week's debacle, I had a knot in my stomach about swim lessons. I woke her up from a nap to go and she was super grumpy. When we went in the place she recognized it immediately and started running for the door to escape. I picked her up and the instructor tried to take her from me and she grabbed on to my neck and my shirt for dear life. Finally the receptionist pulled her off of me and handed her over to the instructor and of course she was crying and screaming, "Mommy!" At this point, I did not have a lot of hope.

I had told myself that I would sit around the corner from her where she couldn't see me, but for some reason as soon as they carried her in, I dove in front of the reception desk and was crouching down near the floor. I looked totally insane. The other mom sitting there was someone I had chatted with last week. She started giving me a running commentary since I was afraid to show my face. She was all "Ok, she is crying Mommy....now she's only only saying it every now and then. She's still looking for you, but she just smiled. Her back is turned, you can make a run for it, go, go, go!" So I did make a break for it and dove behind a row of chairs. Half way through I was able to take out my camera and take pictures from between the seats. 

Hopefully this week we can just have a swim lesson without any theatrics from her or from me!

1 comment:

glenna said...

I just knew Amelia's lessons would get better. Next week she probably won't want her instructor to hand her off to her Mommy........talk about some hurt feelings. She is getting it...Go Amelia! (and Mommy)

Post a Comment