This post had a lot of ! marks and if you know me, I am pretty judicious with my ! marks, so I am pretty excited by today's eating!!!!!!!
Amelia Elizabeth was born on April 2, 2009 at 12:08 am. She finally made it home after a NICU stay of 335 days. We are so happy to finally be together as a family. Amelia has grown to be a very happy, joyful and social baby. We are thankful for all the people that worked together with Amelia to bring her home safely. Now the fun begins!
Friday, September 7, 2012
Yum, Yum, Yum! Delicioso!
Another great eating day. I had forgotten that I bought some guacamole dip last week and I decided to try it out on her today, with great success. Lunch and dinner today I was able to skip her tube feeds! I loaded it up in the 60cc syringe and she ate it up. It has lots going for it. There are chunks of tomato and onion in it, but over all it is pretty smooth. It has a lot of spice ( I think I detect quite a bit of Worchestershire Sauce in it). It has tons of calories packed in a little bite. 2 TB is 90 calories! And she likes it, she really likes it!
I fed it to her at lunch and dinner along with one packet of the fruit/veggie puree at 70 cal. each. The hotness gets her to sip on her drink quite a bit. After that, I gave her some yogurt covered raisins and she gobbled those up. They are 150 calories for 2TB of them. However, I have no idea how many raisins are in a TB. I tried to fit them in a spoon, but they just kept rolling off. Just kidding! It also says 30grams is a serving size, but again, no idea how many raisins that would be. I tried to weigh them on the bathroom scale, but it kept saying zero. I weighed myself and then ate some and weighed myself again, but it still didn't work. I'm kidding!
This post had a lot of ! marks and if you know me, I am pretty judicious with my ! marks, so I am pretty excited by today's eating!!!!!!!
This post had a lot of ! marks and if you know me, I am pretty judicious with my ! marks, so I am pretty excited by today's eating!!!!!!!
1 comment:
It seems to me that she got well over 300 calories with that feed. If she keeps that up she won't be able to move. All kidding aside, at first it has to be whatever foods she will eat, then you can begin to tweak when necessary. Getting over the hump of eating by mouth will be a biggie in her developmental stages. GooooOOOO, Amelia.!
Post a Comment