

Amelia's boo boos are mending. Here is a picture of her leg. Thank goodness she has young skin that will easily re cooperate from the ant bites. Her nose and eyes are looking better, too. Over the holiday she was standing on the porch in Fredericksburg and a couple dogs were chasing each other. They ran in front of her and she stepped backwards off the porch and went straight down. Luckily she fell into a flower bed full of plants and mulch and was not hurt much. She had a scrape on the back of one of her arms. She cried a lot, but I think she was just scared. All of these incidents have happened while I was very near her.
Here is a sample of her climbing accomplishments. One of these days I am
going to get her a pair of hiking boots and then she and I are going to
climb Enchanted Rock together. Her head is leaned back in the first
picture because she is trying to get a better view of the TV.
She tried some of Grandad's waffles over the weekend and she also is trying Twizzlers. She is mouthing everything including her hand and a piece of railroad track at school. I am going to send a rubber chewie that her speech pathologist gave her to school so they can give that to her when she has the urge. I thought maybe the Twizzlers would make a good edible chew. The slogan is "Makes Mouths Happy," but sadly, not Amelia's.

I gave Amelia a breadstick for dinner and and she bit off and chewed three pieces. The fourth one she decided to hold in her mouth. She held it for over an hour and a half. I tried everything I could to get her to spit it out or swallow it, including the lay her head back on the couch trick, blowing in her face, stroking her cheeks with the paper towel, trying to suck it out with a syringe and turning her upside down from her heels.
The longer she held it, the more saliva was added to it. Her cheeks looked like a chipmunk. Finally she couldn't hold it any more and I saw saliva starting to escape her lips. She let it trickle out like a leaky water balloon and now the front of her outfit is drenched in watery pureed three cheese garlic breadstick. I just don't know anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment