Monday, April 2, 2012

Look at Me, I'm Turning 3!

Happy birthday to our baby girl. She turned 3 a little after midnight this morning. I can't believe it has been 3 years since all of our lives changed. She is getting to be such a big girl and we are so, so proud of her. No matter how tough or how tired, we love spending our time with her. It's all been worth it.

Today Amelia also started her first day of pre-school in the public school system. She is in the PPCD program (Pre-school program for children with disabilities). She is getting trained up so she can be mainstreamed once she gets to kindergarten age. She goes every day from 8:10-11:20am. There are 12 children in the class and her teacher is so excited to have her because now there will be 2 girls!


Looking a bit like she is too cool for school.

I took her in the school this morning and the teacher came and got her and she screamed and cried. Later, I dropped by some cupcakes for her birthday to share with the class. In the afternoon, I picked her up and she came walking out with all the other kids holding on to a string and walking together in a line. As soon as she saw me, her face brightened and she was so happy!

She got a nap when she came home from school. Since then I have been going in and out of the room and every time she notices I am gone she starts crying for me. Obviously today was a bit traumatizing and she is extra clingy.

Tonight we are having few family and friends over for shrimp, corn and potatoes to celebrate. Wish you were here!

3 comments:

Your Nose Is Quite Big said...

I realized earlier today that I hadn't checked in on Amelia all semester, so I've spent the last hour reading up about her progress, and seeing the wonderful pictures!! Happy birthday, sweet pea!!

glenna said...

SUPER CUTE Shirt on that Super Cute Girl! Your Mommy is going see to it that you are the height of fashion, girl.

Getting so big... a whole three, now. Going to school, following instruction, making great progress. We will just allow a little set back with her becoming clingy. After all that was one very big day for her. Leaving a group that she had become familiar with to come into another group of children that she will eventually be just as comfortable is still somewhat traumatic. It all just takes time. Happy Birthday, Amelia............Grammy

Amy Francis said...

Happy birthday to one of my favorite girls. You have grown so much!

Post a Comment