Day 2 of school. I had high hopes. She was in a good mood and was having fun walking to the classroom and then she kind of balked when she saw the doors. I led her inside and sat her down at the table. Amelia started crying before I even got out of the classroom today. They started clapping and singing "If you're happy and you know it..." and she started going into her slo-mo cry. I am not sure if she did not like the loud, sudden singing or if she realized I was going to leave. I tried to redirect her, but she just kept crying. Finally I decided I was making it worse by prolonging things, so I gave her a hug, told her I loved her and I would see her later. Gave her a kiss, waved goodbye and when I got outside I broke down crying again.
I remember when I used to leave her in the play area at the gym it was like this the first couple times and then she was into it whenever we would go. I really hope she stops crying after the third or fourth time because my heart cannot take much more of this.
And I did get my lunch sack back yesterday. The teacher put it in the car and I did not realize it. It also contained her leftover snacks, which I was happy to see because now I have a better idea of what she may have consumed at school the other day. I also was given her AMELIA placard to put in the windshield of my car so they know who I am there to pick up in the afternoon. Also, her sign in sheet was in the binder today so I signed her in. It makes me feel better that she is documented! I still have not gotten her a nap mat. I have a cute soft, thick blanket that Aunt Joelle gave her that makes a nice sleep surface. I also packed her baby doll that the Grips gave her for her baptism. I hope they give her some comfort at school.
3 comments:
I love hearing about Miss Amelia. She is such a big girl! Before you know it, she'll be excited to go to school and I'm sure that will be heartbreaking in a new way. She'll do great. Don't worry big momma.
RLC
Hey Xina,I hope the drop-off gets easier real soon. My 2 girls started Montessori school this week, and there were many tears for poor Lucy. I am working for Scott during the day now. Hopefully our girls will get to where they want to go to school! Love, Bridget
Christina, Its been awhile since I've checked in and I can not believe how big Amelia has gotten!! She looks wonderful and seems to be progressing beautifully! Great job to you and Todd!
I hope to see you guys soon:)
Love, Annie
Post a Comment