The other day we played a fun game. On the Fresh Beat Band when someone says
banana, the character Marina goes "Did somebody say banana?" and then
they do this crazy banana dance. So I started to put my hand up to my
ear and and said "Did somebody say....." and she had to say banana and
then I would go crazy. We did it like 5 times in a row and she was
giggling so hard! 
The following day we were in Target picking up a few things for dinner when we passed some bananas. So I pointed to them and she said "nana" and I did the crazy dance in the middle of Target for her. Well then she kept reaching for them and trying to put them in the basket. So I thought well, she knows what they are and wants one (though she has never eaten one) and they are healthy and kids generally like them, so why not.
First she peeled all the stickers off of them and ate them. When I put her in the car, I put the banana down so I could get her arms through the straps in her car seat and you would think I was sticking her with pins. She wanted to hold the dang banana so bad. Then I peeled the banana back for her and she refused to eat the fruit and chewed on the peel all the way home.
Well now this child is good and obsessed with bananas. I think she is excited that I know
what she is talking about. The only thing is she still won't eat them. She just wants to throw
the fruit on the floor and suck on the end of the peel. And Asta won't
eat bananas.The most exciting thing is that I think she said a full sentence. I think she said, "I want..." and I think she said "I want banana." I don't know if I am hearing things.
No comments:
Post a Comment