Sunday, February 19, 2012

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

We are in Mobile celebrating Mardi Gras! As usual, it is never a dull moment.


First we gathered at Aunt Catherine's for homemade pizza and then headed down to the Crewe of Columbus parade.


Here is one of the floats. The theme was Captains. This is Captain America. Amelia enjoyed the parade! Last year she was scared by the loud sounds of the bands and the hissing fire breathing dragons that are part of the Mystics of Time parade. I spent the entire parade calming her down and keeping her away from everything. This year she wanted see everything!


Here she is demonstrating one of the stuffed animals I caught for her.


Yesterday it rained, rained, rained and I got to try out her new raincoat. We did a little shopping, but she sacked out in the car and brought her home to nap. The MOT parade got rained out.


We invited Aunt Tooty, Aunt Pat & Uncle Steve over for turkey gumbo that evening. I fed Amelia about a quarter cup. She really liked it. This is required eating for southern girls and boys.


In classic Amelia fashion, she is wearing a lot of it. Once she discovered the slimy texture of the okra she was having great fun rubbing it between her hands and smearing it all over face.


Guess who has another cold? Here she is sleeping on me last night. Another tiring day complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment